Renewable Energy Technology
ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
The Occupational Associate Degree Programme in Renewable Energy Technology is developed for persons who are desirous of developing the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to become well-rounded in the auditing, design, installation, diagnosis, repair and maintenance of renewable energy systems and supervision of work teams.
The development of these competencies are complimented by the professional development courses in in this programme; aimed at developing an occupational and workplace competent individual, through application of critical employability skills; science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics (STEAM) skills and a general awareness of, sensitivity to and appreciation for human diversity.
As such, the programme takes a learner-centred approach to instruction and considers the varied needs of students in the use of instructional and assessment strategies.
Upon completion of this programme graduates should be able to:
- Analyze D.C. & A.C. electrical circuits
- Apply the principles of HVAC and used the related applications
- Utilize computer applications to support work activities
- Solve renewable energy related mathematical calculations
- Prepare workplace documentations and technical reports
- Apply the principals of thermodynamics
- Prepare renewable energy related drawings
- Utilize the applications and design of AutoCAD
- Design and install renewable energy systems
- Apply energy systems controls
- Audit renewable energy systems
- Applying legal and regulatory requirements to renewable energy engagements
- Use Electrical Power Distribution Systems
- Apply entrepreneurship strategies to business development
- Supervise renewable energy operations and project
- Effectively apply the principles of inventory control
Click tabs below to view programme information including the application process, duration, fees and study hours.
As well you can download programme document detailing programme curiculum to include information related to semester, course outline and assessment.
Registration for the UCCA Occupational Associate Degree Programme is now open and will close September 2023.
To register prospective students must complete and submit application along with the following documents
- Tax Registration Number (TRN)
- Birth Certififcate
- One Passport Size Photo
- Proof of Qualifications (CXC, NVQJ Level 2 or City & Guilds Certification)
After applications are submitted you will receive a provisional acceptance letter with instructions on how to enrol.
The duration of study is projected for two (2) years across four administrative semesters and a summer internship/externship component.
Programme fees are One Hundred and Ten Thousand Dollars ($110,000.00) JMD per year which includes miscellaneous fees.
- Fees are payable before completion of semester
- Additional fees apply to international students
- Scholarships available for students sitting CXC ‘s in 2023
Programme Study Hours
Students are required to attend classes held daily from 8:30am to 4:30pm. Please note classes are online and face-to-face depending on module.
All students are expected to complete a work internship, externship programme and this is a necessary component for graduation.